Saturday, July 9, 2011

"So how are you doing?"

Hey ya'll. It's been a while. Between keeping some friends company, and playing the mom and dad role, it's been a bit crazy around here, to say the least.

Hmm. Where to start?

Kyle seems to be doing well. So that's a relief. He's starting to get a routine down which I'm sure is making the time tick by faster. He went for a jog the other day and randomly ended up at church JUST in time for mass. Coincidence? I think not. He said it certainly was the most interesting one he's ever attended. When you leave your room you must be in A/BDUs or PT clothes and you have the option of carrying your gun- so imagine that. Ha. We get to Skype every night. And we can call each other too, hassle free. I really can't complain. As far as deployments go we're about as lucky as you can get. That doesn't make missing him easier unfortunately. I miss my husband. I miss my singing partner. I miss my best friend.

Besides that I am doing really well. Today is day 1 3 on my improved lifestyle and I feel better than I have felt in the longest time. It's amazing actually. If you noticed at the top of my blog I've added a weight loss tracker. 4 pounds down, 17 to go. If I do reach my goal I will be at my pre-b abies weight! You remember how I was complaining about being exhausted around 1-2 in the afternoon? Wellllll, I haven't taken a nap in.. yup, 13 days! I feel totally normal all day long and, in fact, at 11:30 at night when I am still watching Army Wives I still feel wide awake. To get a taste of what I've been consuming, here you go:

Breakfast-

(those are egg whites)

Lunch-


Dinner-


I forgot to take pictures of my snacks in between. I had a yogurt for my first snack and four multigrain crackers with a piece of cheddar cheese for my second.

I've been averaging anywhere from 850-1,200 calories a day. I know, I know, that is not a lot, but as mentioned above I feel absolutely fine, and in fact full after these meals so I don't want to force myself to eat more. Eating 5 times a day probably helps with that, too. Calories are not the only thing I pay attention to, I also watch my carbs, fat and protein. I track everything on SparkPeople.com. It's a great website where you enter what and how much you of it you ate and it usually knows the nutrition facts. Some things I have to manually enter from the label but then it knows it and I never have to do it again. I measure out everything now. 1/2 tablespoon of light mayonaise on my sandwich, 1 cup of cooked broccoli- etc. However measuring meats and pasta has been tricky and that's why I recently purchased a kitchen scale. I am really excited about it and looking forward to knowing exactly how much I am eating everyday.
I have two friends; one who is a registered dietician and the other is a personal trainer, both in which I am talking to right now to ensure I am on the right track to a healthy weight loss.. it pays to have a lot of friends! ;)

For exercise I attend Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays and go to the gym where I do machines and more cardio on Wednesdays. That's also when I weigh myself.

Hmm, other than that let's see... my mom will be here in 14 weeks and I can't wait (Hi mom!).

That's it for now. Bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;