Monday, August 1, 2011

three years ago.

In June 2008 my husband raised his right hand and said,

"I, Kiely Michael Patrick Meade, so solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

I hugged and kissed him goodbye and wished him good luck in basic training.

He graduated and become Airman Meade.

Everything was an adventure from then on. We found out that because his tech school was so lengthy that the Air Force was paying for Tyler and I to move to Biloxi to be with him during that time. I couldn't have been more excited! We found a cute little two bedroom apartment on the beach and moved into our first 'Air force home.'

(First night)
After 7 months he was 1 of only 3 to finish school without being washed back.
Very proud moment!


Then we moved to Germany where I sit now writing this.


Today, August 1st 2011, my husband is raising his right hand again and
swearing to serve and honor our country for another 5 years. Although
it brings sadness to my heart to not be there with him, I am also
overwhelmed with joy. I am so happy with how things have turned out
in our life- most of it not possible without the military. Sure, we've had
our share of bumps along the way but who doesn't? I know some people
never wish to live the life I do- constantly moving, living in foreign
countries, far from family- but I wouldn't change a thing and feel
forever grateful for everything. When my husband puts on his
uniform I look at the big picture and always just feel proud.
So very proud. Thank you Kyle for making me a proud wife.
I love you.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awe, those last 2 pics really get to me. Man, do I miss Biloxi. Congrats guys! One more year and we'll be doing the same :) MISS YA'LL!

Jessica said...

Love this post! Thanks for posting the whole pledge... I like remembering what he promised. And I love your gratefulness! So encouraging!

Ray Lynn said...

You both are such amazing people. I am in awe of who both of you have become. Kyle is serving our country and has my gratitude, you are an awesome mother and beautiful young woman! Kudos to both of you!!!!

Post a Comment

 
;